DURATION: 42 MINUTES.
In this module, we open up the Irish Census Records and discover how to use the tools for Irish ancestry research.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Records available (or not available) in the census records and how to search and browse them – with examples.
- Advanced search options (religion, occupation, place of birth etc.)
- Tips and tricks for searching/browsing the census returns.
- Using the census returns in combination with other BMD and land records.
- Noticing macro-trends from the census records.
- Looking at the original census images.
DOWNLOADS AND REFERENCES FOR THIS LESSON: